"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Thursday, March 12, 2009

We're Here!

We are here!!! What a journey. I have LOTS to say starting with the fact that Kai has been taken off of sedation so the new doctors could see how bad his apnea is. Well, it's 11 p.m. and I don't know when they're gonna see it because he has NO intentions of sleeping. He's been sleeping now for almost 24 hours and regained all his energy. The kid is a giant goofball. He has the nurses cracking up and taking pictures of him with their cell phones. Typical Kai.

I'm gonna tuck him in (for the 5th time) and go through my emails. I will then come back and post today's events.

This ICU unit is very big city type. (I love it!) But that means that lights are NOT turned off, lots of action and a stiff chair for Mama. No climbing in bed with kiddos here.

For those of you on Facebook....I'm gonna go on there in a bit since my sister wants to talk live and I can't use my cell phone in here. I also have Yahoo Messenger, if anyone wants to chat live, just email me. I'll be back later since I think it's gonna be a l-o-n-g night.

Before I go read my emails, I just want to thank EVERYONE again for the flood of emails filled with prayers & support, phone calls, offers to stay at your houses, even limo rides. :) I will absolutely share with my little man how many people have prayed and loved him during some of his toughest times, many people that I have never met face to face, but our hearts are entwined. You guys make me smile BIG! Thank you!

Hugs!

UPDATED AT 1:35 a.m:

I'm beat. Gonna head to bed and will post a true update tomorrw. The ENT team is coming in the morning and they will decide which way to go. Please continue your prayers, I know that is the ONLY thing that's keeping our heads above water.

14 comments :

Patricia said...

So glad you made it! And I'm glad to hear Kai is in good spirits right now!

I prayed for all of you tonight, Ohilda, & will continue to pray!
HUGS!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Still praying. I am off to bed, but will be waiting for a follow up post about how Kai is doing.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

My prayers are with you, so glad you made it where he can get the proper care.
Molly

Holly said...

I am going to bed to praise God for WHO He is in my life, in your life and in Kai's life.
He is on the throne and in control.
I am praying for divine intervention and divine appointments.
I don't live close enough to come over to help, so I will stand in the gap for you and lift up hands to heaven.
I know that God has good plans for Kai. I know it. May you find rest and may you more than rest find the peace that passes all understanding encompassing you, holding you as you stand firm on the ROCK.
much love,
Holly from purpose driven family

Sara said...

Glad you made it safely...and Kai is up to his charming :-) Praying for a restful night for Kai (once he decides to settle in that is!!) Sounds like he is at a great place and obviously monitored closely. Does he have a little red-glowing toe or finger??? Grab a cup of something...coffee, soda, tea...maybe something cruhchy like pretzels...Just ask the nurses to please bring you in a snack or beverage..Don't be afraid to ask. Yes, it will be a long night. Praying for you!!

Jill said...

Don't live in FL, but I hope you know if you need ANYTHING..I am here for you!!!
Big hugs, Me

Ruth said...

Glad you are there safely and Kai is in good hands. Praying they get to the source of this soon so you can all go home to your other babies!! Blessings!!!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Thankful to know that you are there safe and sound. Continuing to pray for your tough little man . . . even as he steals the nurse's hearts! :)

Hugs~

Tina

Unknown said...

Ohilda,

I am so sorry poor Kai is going through all this. Keep up the good work fighting for your baby. Momma always knows best, we may not be able to fix it sometimes, but in our hearts we know what is the best for our little bears... Hope you were able to sleep a little. :(

Tracey

Oh I will surely put Kai at the very beginning of my prayers.

day by day said...

Oh good, Ohilda! Glad to hear you all made it and are in good hands! You must be exhausted, Hang in there, my friend! I will check back a bit later to see if you were able to update.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Checking in first thing this morning.
Glad you are safely there. Will check in later for the full update!
We are praying Ohilda! For ALL of you.
Love and hugs!
Jill

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Glad you made it..........Still sending prayers.......

Jewels of My Heart said...

I am so thankful you are all there safely... one prayer answered already. Thank You Jesus.
I am praying my friend.... Rest in the shadow of His wings..... He is holding you and He is holding your sweet boy.
Love,
Daleea

The Ferrill's said...

Continuing to pray here...thank you Lord yall are in Good Hands...
Much love,
Laine

Blog Widget by LinkWithin