"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Friday, September 12, 2008

Awww.....shucks!


I am so honored to say that I have been nominated by my sweet friend, Nicole, from The Baker's Sweets as a recipient of the , "I LOVE YOUR BLOG" Award! Is that cool or what?!!!

Nicole is an amazing Mama to 4 beautiful kiddos and I am ecstatic to say that she has just received TA to bring home her fifth sweetie, Logan. Logan just happens to be one of the most adorable little guys I have ever laid eyes on. I remember he made my heart skip a beat the first time I saw his picture. I'm chompin' at the bit to see him in his Mama's arms! So be sure to check out her blog if you need a smile and to follow her journey! Thank you, Nicole!!

So, here are my 4 recipients. (This was tough since I LOVE so many blogs!)
  1. Kim at The Byrd's Nest - Kim is a huge inspiration to me. The Lord lead me to her blog for the first time when I really to hear a message from Him. She has 4 children, including 2 adorable little ones from China and S. Korea! Her husband is a pastor and I have to say that this faith-filled family truly rocks! I love her blog!
  2. Holly at A Purpose Driven Family - I first was contacted by Holly on our trip to China for Anna Grace. Her belief and faith in our Savior is awesome. She is now struggling with her own challenges of adding a new daughter to their lives, and through every storm that comes her way, her eyes continue to be fixed on Him and not on the crashing waves. When in doubt if I could get through hard times, her blog consistently reminds me that God is the one in control. As you could imagine, I find myself going there often.
  3. Marie and Aus at Our China Doll Makes 5 - This dynamic duo is amazing! I met them as we journeyed to Anna Grace and they have both been pillars of support, for both Scott and I, ever since. They have 5 blessings, which include two very special little girls, Brianna and Braelyn, that were born in their hearts. With the exception of family, I think Aus is my only male reader and he even comments! Real men DO comment, ya know! heh! I am blessed to call them friends.
  4. Michelle at Day By Day - This amazing lady has 4 beautiful children. I am so indebted to Michelle for opening her heart and allowing us into her world and her struggles with her daughter's attachment. On some nights I've spent hours at a time reading and comparing our little ones' difficulties. Some entries were so eerily similar to our situation with Anna Grace that I felt it was me I was reading about. She as helped countless people, many more than she knows, by using her blog to share and educate others about the not-so-rosy-side of adoption. Yet, she continues to love her children endlessly while continuously praising God for her blessings!

Here's how this award's stuff works:

1. Put the award on your blog (if you want to or have the time to)
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you (but I won't be upset if you don't)
3. Name at least four fellow bloggers for this award
4. Add links for the recipients
5. Leave a comment to let the recipients know they have received the award.

image signature

8 comments :

The Byrd's Nest said...

Awwww....you're so sweet! I come to your blog for the exact same reasons. Your are one of the most insightful Moms and I your brain is always ticking away! You give me spiritual energy and I love you!

P.S. I hope you are feeling better! Just think.....no more yucky "time of the month"!!! Yea!!!

day by day said...

Hi Ohilda!

I was just checking in to see how you were feeling and found this post, instead! I thank-you from the bottom of my heart for your kind, kind words!!! It is such a blessing that we all have one another to lean on...especially when it comes to things like post adoption issues/behaviors. Oh, how we need people who "get it"!!

I hope you are feeling better, my friend!!

Sherri said...

Congrats on the award!

I'm glad you are on the road to recovery.

Have a great weekend.

sherri

Janette said...

Hey Ohilda, CONGRATS!!!

I've been following your blog since OMG, who remembers when, and have loved every step of the way. You deserve this award indeed!!

Glad you're feeling better sweetie.

Janette
http://www.beadedsocksbygigi.com

Anonymous said...

Ohilda congratulations on your MUCH deserved award!!!

And have an amazing weekend,

Krista

mommy24treasures said...

hope you feel better quick Ohilda, I think each day you will feel way better.
I think your writing is very inspirational and I congrat you on your award. I also think all you have given the award to are very worthy:)

Holly said...

Thank you Ohilda.
I love yours too.
God's ways are amazing and I am so glad to have found you through the blog world.
Wont' it be wonderful when we can all fellowship and share about HIS faithfulness one day in Heaven?
May the Lord speed your healing and I pray that your family will clearly discern the direction that God is leading you in. He knows the desires of your heart and He delights in you.
Love,
Holly from Purpose Driven Family

Aus said...

Oh Ohilda - I'm sooooo touched! We love you too! I'll let Marie know as soon as I get home - but it will be a couple days before we can act on the award. But it's funny - what ya'll are saying about us is EXACTLY how we feel about you guys - your posts enabled us to be ready of 'our issues' once the time came - you really are a Blessing!

I know ya'll are seasoned hurricane survivors - but - we in Cincinnati never get this stuff. Well 'ike' hit Cincy yesterday afternoon and literally kick our collective a$$es! Our area will be dark until Tues / Wed at the earliest - and the wind damamge was tremendous. God Blessed us with real minor stuff at home compared to some of our neighbors who lost roofs etc. (We lost an awning and bless my son for being home to help me cut it down before anything really bad happened!)

Glad to see you are felling a mite better - like you - we can't wait until you are all the way back on your feet!

Many hugs -

aus and family

Blog Widget by LinkWithin