I am humbled to announce that Holly at Purpose Driven Family has awarded me with the Honest Weblog award. This was her sweet comment, "Thanks for being real, for being open and honest and for sharing your heart and letting the power of of God shine through your "cracks". Thank you Holly!
As always, there are rules, and here they are:
"When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’.List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.”
Hmm...10 honest things about me that you don't already know.
- 1. I sometimes get really irritated when parents let their kids run rampant in restaurants while I constantly try to set examples with my little ones by saying to them, "We are at the table. How do we behave?" as they see the other kids rolling on the floor.
- 2. I talk to my kids about Jesus 100x a day. I'm always saying, "Do you think Jesus is smiling at you when you hit your sister?" "Jesus is not happy when we're not nice." "Jesus gives us everything we have, including our food, so we need to share with others" (This one is usually used when someone wants a bite of something). "Jesus loves you so much." and so on. I sometimes wonder if the kids think, "Who is this Jesus guy that she keeps talking about and we've never "met".
- 3. I look at skinny women when we are out and so wish to myself that I could look like that. (Mind you, when I was in my 20's I would do everything possible to gain weight since I was horribly skinny.)
- 4. I am pretty good at forgiving others when I have been hurt.
- 5. Although I have friends, I've never been part of a "click" in any scenario (i.e. school, work, church, etc.)
- 6. I would love, love, love to move to China for a year or two and do missionary work, especially working with children.
- 7. I would love to adopt another little boy, but I am now at peace that God doesn't have that in His plans for us.
- 8. I hate wearing shoes around the house.
- 9. When I started dating Scott, whom I had met online, I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to hear about how he could be some mass murderer or some pyscho. I did though, tell my Mom that I had a "friend" online who lived up north. Well, my Mom called me to her house one day because she needed to seriously speak to me. She had apparently been doing some "investigating" and she wanted to tell me that the "man that you know online lives just a few blocks from you and we should probably notify the police since he's been telling you all along he lives in Connecticut.". She thought he was a stalker/murderer/pyscho who had moved down to Miami to kill me. She said this through tears and it took everything in my power not to crack up while she cried. I finally 'fessed up and told her that I knew he had moved down to Florida and that he wasn't a killer.....that we were dating. She almost killed me. :)
- 10. I love reading blogs and making online friends. I so wish I could host a huge "blog party" where friends from all over could come and meet, but then I wonder if people would think I'm pretty looney.
So, there you go. Ten honest things about me that you may or may not have known.
I will be breaking the rules a little bit. Since so many of you have been tagged or awarded before and I love reading everyone of the umm...100 ::clearing throat:: blogs or so that I follow, I will not single out seven blogs. If you want to join in the fun, leave me a comment and I will check out your honest traits! Or, you can just leave a comment, just because I love gettin' them! Have fun!