"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Monday, March 9, 2009

Hey! It's Monday!

Good morning dear friends! It's Monday and that means it's time for me to 'fess up again about what I did not do this week.



So, without further ado, it was certainly not me that went to Kai's first T-ball game and sat there gushing with a melting heart as her adorable little man hit his first single and bolted, with the bat still in hand, to first base. And it truly was not me, that fell in love with the third base coach (even more than I already am) when I noticed that instead of coaching third base he was taking pictures and video, on his Blackberry, of our precious boy scoring his first homerun. (For those that don't know, no need to freak out, the coach is my sweet hubby.)
It absolutely was not me that didn't care if T-ball rules don't include strikes or outs and that everyone gets on base and makes a homerun. I don't even care if it's okay that they pass homeplate and continue to first base again, like little man did, only to have to be turned around and run back to homeplate in order to complete said run. The kids were all adorable and little man was beaming with joy!

IMG_6977


IMG_6990

Oh, how I love this boy!!
(More pictures coming in a future post).

It really was not me that was in a really cranky, self-righteous, all-out bit*hy mood on Saturday afternoon. Nope, I am always happy, smiling and chipper around my family and friends. I did not leave everyone to do their own stuff and go take a nap, only to wake up and find this sitting on the kitchen counter.


IMG_7001

Thank you, baby! You never fail to make me smile!

Lastly, It really was not me that agreed to let AJ go home with my sister on Saturday afternoon because they had built the coolest-of-cool sandboxes in their backyard. No way that it was me that must've moped around all afternoon missing my baby boy and secretly wishing I had not let him leave. No, that wouldn't have been me because that would have been mean and selfish. I knew he was having a blast and why would I not allow him that bonding time with his adored "Ayi" and sweet baby cousin, Seth.

Of course, when my sister called me to tell me that they were planning on going out on the boat with AJ, I was not only worried about my baby being on a boat without me (I was, but I knew he was in excellent hands) but I was definitely not a tad bit jealous that it was a beautiful Florida day and perfect for a boat ride, that I was NOT going on! No siree, it wasn't me that was wishing that she had a boat, although I am always saying they are money pits. Nope. I didn't continue sulking about it until I found something else to entertain me, like some of that yummy chocolate cake that sweet hubby had made.

Thank you, Ily for sharing such fun with AJ this weekend.

My_beautiful_nephew_AJ_and_our_lil_man_seth_001

boat ride

Sis with her sweet Seth (in the blue vest) and my baby boy, AJ,

For more Not Me, Monday! fun head on over to the creator of this blog carnival, MckMama's blog and check out what everyone else did not do.

12 comments :

E @ Scottsville said...

Awwwww, you got some DARLING pictures of his first game. =0)

Enjoyed your Not Me's today.

Happy Monday!

waiting4Isabella said...

ha, ha, I love your not me's monday. Great pictures of the lil guys. I went to steal the pictures of Kai Kai and I laughed when the note came up that "it's not nice to steal pictures without your permission". SEND ME THOSE PICTURES OF KAI DAMN IT!!! Heh!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
The T-ball pics are great! You should be proud! :)

sara said...

waaaaaaaaaaah! I miss those t-ball days!!!! oh, how cute he looks in his uniform!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's not you that has me smiling at the end of this post :)?!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh, my family knows exactly how you were feeling on Saturday...that was me too:) LOL Cute cake

geminirn said...

AWWW!!LOVE THE PICTURES.........makes me wish my baby boy was a bit younger all over again!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I look forward to Monday's because of you! I LOVE the T-ball story and your husband coaching AND taking pictures and you actually have a picture of him passing the homeplate...priceless!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love a t-ball game! I was a little sad that my boy moved up to coach pitch this year. The kids have gotten better so there are not the cute little kid mistakes, like hitting the ball and running all the way to 2nd with the bat, like my son did!

Michelle R Photography said...

That is the cutest little picture that you captured with Kai running by the base and Scott in the background taking a picture with his phone! He looks just too cute in his little uniform.

Michelle R Photography said...

p.s. Seriously... Scott baked you a cake? May I just say, WOW!!! Double WOW!!!

Aus said...

You missed one - it's also not you that has me coming by every Monday to read this except when they want me to work long hours because mean people suck and try to interfere with my life so sometimes I have to pretend that Tuesday is Monday!

hugs - love you guys -

aus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin