"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Monday, March 9, 2009

The Red Envelope Project


What better time to stir the pot a bit then on the eve of yet another disastrous Obama executive order, in which he signed off on still even more death warrants of innocent babies by lifting the ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.

"Our government has forced what I believe is a false choice between sound science and moral values." Obama declared as he signed the documents. Oh yes, Mr. Obama you are so very right. The only thing is that the world has yet to see your moral values. Sadly, this country's traditional values, with you at the helm, is going downhill fast. But, in the midst of the fear and chaos you are bringing with "change", I must admit that you have kept your promises. You promised Planned Parenthood to stand by them, and in the seven weeks you've been in office you signed off on death warrants to innocent lives worldwide. What kills me the worst, is that we, the taxpayers, have NO say in your executive decisions. Our hard earned monies are going to assist in the killing of these babies who will never have a chance at life. That, Mr. Obama, is what sickens me to the very core.

For the Obama worshippers out there, before you rant and rave that I am putting down your (false) messiah and furthermore about the miracles of stem cell research, please do your homework on all of the progress and advancements that have been made using non-embryonic stem cells.

I may not have a say in his executive order, yet I still do have free speech (until you choose to take that away, Mr. President). Free speech which I choose and continue to exercise in my little corner of blog world.

Quite a few of you have emailed me about the Red Envelope Project. I've waited until now since March 31 is approaching to post about it.

Christ (pronounced like "wrist") Otto has been involved in the pro-life movement for over 20 years. Inspired during a prayer, Otto came up with the idea of sending red envelopes to President Barack Obama to protest his pro-abortion policies. This was the birth of The Red Envelope Project. What started out as an email request to 120 of his ministry friends and supporters turned into a nationwide phenomenon that could result in hundreds of thousands of pro-life envelopes heading to the White House.

Otto, 37, wants Obama to receive hundreds, thousands, millions, of empty red envelopes, symbolizing the tremendous loss of lives due to abortion. He stated, “I wish we could send 50 million red envelopes, one for every child who died before having a chance to live,” he says. “Maybe it will change the heart of the president.”

RedEnvelope


He believes that it’s a small act that could make a big statement.

“People are not going to get into an argument,” says Otto, “They’re not going to stand in front of an abortion clinic. But they are going to buy an envelope and cast this vote for life.”


YOU CAN BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.


This is an issue that must be constantly brought to light so that it will not be ignored or forgotten. It is our human nature to instinctively pull away from unpleasant situations. Abortion, infanticide, murder of innocent lives is no exception.

In a few personal emails I had with Christ Otto myself this past week in regards to FOCA he said, "FOCA is really a red herring, its provisions are being slipped into policy memos, spending bills, and executive orders (the executive orders are not being posted on the white house web site although they were covered by the AP and NPR). To pass FOCA would raise so much public attention that the administration is completely side stepping it." That's very evident with yet another one of Obama's executive orders against life being signed today.


Going back to the red envelopes. Someone said to me a few days ago, "Obama doesn't get his own mail. He'll never see the envelopes and may not even find out about it."

Yes, that may be true. Perhaps the President will never see the envelopes, but imagine how many others along the way will. These envelopes will cross the hands of hundreds of postal workers and mail-room employees at the White House, not to mention the emails that have been forwarded world wide. What if just one person’s heart is changed about abortion through this campaign? That to me, is worth it! I refuse to fail without even trying.

I may fail.


But, it will be giving. it. my. all. when I do so.


In this case, it's ridiculously easy to give it my all.



On March 31
, mail one (OR MANY!!!) empty red envelope(s) to:


President Barack Obama

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.

Washington, D.C. 20500

On the outside of the envelope, write in black ink/marker:


“This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world. Responsibility begins with conception.”



Envelopes could be purchased at Kinkos or any party store. I purchased mine at Target* and am sending out 20. Can I count on you joining this crusade for life?

*I have received emails saying you cannot find red envelopes. I purchased 2 packs of 10 "Pot Luck Invitations" that came with red envelopes at Target. They were on sale for $2.99. a pk. Yes, I now have 20 invites w/o envelopes, but it's ok. You can also get creative and MAKE your own envelope with red construction paper!


NOTE: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LINK THIS POST ON YOUR OWN BLOGS OR EMAIL IT TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

17 comments :

Anonymous said...

You go Ohilda, I'll be sending 20 also. Thank you for sharing your comments and beliefs.

Starla said...

Great post, Ohilda! What a sad state of affairs we are in with O at the helm. You are right, if even one person will pay attention and make good decisions as a result of the red envelopes, it is worth it. I think many will be effected.

Blessings, Starla

Susan said...

and this is still in his first 100 days. May God grant mercy on our nation at what this man will do during his 4 years of destroying America. Bush wasn't perfect, but I do believe he had our countries best interest at heart. I think Obama has every country BUT the USA's best interest at heart.

Count on another one here to participate in Red Envelope day.

Sherri said...

My 21 year old daughter has done a couple of research papers on stem cell research. Embryonic stem cells produce tumors and are not reliable in the lab, so in actuality, adult stem cells are the better ones to work with.

That is sound science.

Why is it their goal to do this to babies?

sara said...

yep, I'll be sending some too!!! I so appreciate your blogs on this!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

OH! I AM going to join you!!!
I saw this on FACEBOOK and was thrilled!
Gotta buy my envelopes THIS WEEK!
I want the kiddos in on this one!!
OHILDA!! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER lose the passion!!!
Love and hugs,
Jill

Leslie said...

My mom just told me about this on Sunday. However...since then we have been looking for RED envelopes. Any suggestions on where to get some of those? No one here has them...except at Christmas (or that's what they are telling us)!

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

SIGN ME UP!!! I am going to link this up with my Blog,.. now 2 questions, when do you wanna start sending them out and what is the address all of these will go to? Thanks in advance!

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

Nevermind, Ha ha! Oops, just woke up :)

La Familia Garcia said...

Great deal on the envelopes! This is an example of Christians coming together
Remember the following verse and please do NOT send the envelope without prayer! We need to daily seek God and search our own hearts first.

2 Chron 7:14 "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Gucci Mama said...

I found you from a link on another blog I read regularly...so glad I did! This is a fantastic idea. I will be buying my envelopes today and sending as many was I can find on the 31st! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

Ruth said...

Thanks for posting this Ohilda. I posted a link on my blog.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Oh, how you know I love your heart and your passion! I would not be surprised if the Lord called you into politics one day! Wouldn't that be a victory for the Kingdom of God!
Thank you for sharing once again the truth about these precious babies whose lives are being snuffed out in the name of "choice" in the name of "science" I fail to understand how someone can make a choice that one life is more valuable than another.... how can you justify killing an innocent baby to save someone else? And, as you stated.... IT DOESN"T EVEN WORK! Why are they not putting all of their efforts in the stem cell research that does work? Because we live in a fallen world and the enemy and his lies are running rampant. I too will be mailing envelopes. And will be posting a link to your blog because my sister in Christ Jesus you always know how to speak my mind and my heart!
Love you and God bless you

Amy said...

Ohilda, THANK YOU for bringing this to our attention! I have been feeling so helpless as I watch the news and see, daily, the changes that Obama is making. I really do fear for our future. This gives me something I can DO beyond the phone calls and emails that seem to make no impression. Keep up the fight, O'! And count me in!

Love you,
Ame

p.s. I tried to copy Obama's address from your blog to save for my envelopes and the copyright thing popped up. Oops. Sorry!

Charlotte said...

Count us in O !

Charlotte and kids !

Michelle said...

This is a wonderful cause. Thank you for taking a stand!!

Karin said...

Thanks for the reminder! I have a bunch of red envelopes left over from Christmas cards and I will be sending them off today--with a prayer--and a hope that they will change some hearts in Washington.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin