"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Thursday, March 12, 2009

Still Waiting.....

Still in the ICU here. We haven't heard for sure if Scott's going to be allowed on the helicopter with Kai, but someone did come in and ask his weight, so maybe their considering it? Thank you, Lord! The waiting is pretty much driving me crazy.

Kai continues to be under sedation and although he is still struggling with his breathing, he's been catching up on much needed sleep.

I wanted to share a quick story about this little guy. When we first arrived at the hospital, we were told our stay would be about 2 days. He whined a bit about staying and I told him, "Kai, we're only here for a couple of days and then we go home and Mama will not leave you at all." He was OK with that.

Yesterday afternoon he asked, "We go home today?" I said, "No, baby. I'm sorry. We can't go home today."

This morning, when he first awoke he looked at me and said, "Mama today is day three. We go home today?" My heart is breaking that he is keeping track of the days. I told him that we were leaving this hospital today, but that we had to go to another one. He cried a bit.'

For those of you that don't know Kai. Kai is all. things. boy. He is pure energy and loves his bugs, trucks, cars and planes. So, later in the day, we had this conversation.

ME: Kai, you've been such a good boy! We have a BIG, BIG surprise for you?

KAI: (His eyes beaming with joy.) Is it a monster truck?

ME: Nope. Something even cooler!!!

KAI: What, Mama? (in a very excited tone)

ME: You've been such a good boy that you get to go on a REAL helicopter ride!!! (I waited for shrieks of joy to fill the room. Nothing.)

KAI: (A bit apprehensive knowing something was not right). A real helicopter? In the air?

ME: Yes! Isn't that exciting?

KAI: Are you and Daddy going to ride, too?

ME: (heart breaking again) I can't go baby because Mama gets sick when she rides helicopters. I don't know if Daddy could go, because he may be too big and this special ride is for special boys that behave really, really good while they're in the hospital.

KAI: Okay Mama. (Not too much excitement)


So, that was my preliminary preparation for his travel arrangement. Sadly, he will be strapped into a stretcher and not looking out a window. I continue to pray that Scott be allowed to ride with him.

Keep an eye on the TWITTER feature on the sidebar, because I won't be able to post these long posts soon, but I will try and hop on there to say we are on our way. Right now, I'm trying hard to ignore the huge butterflies churning in my stomach and keep myself occupied. Hence the reason I am rambling.

Scott right now is on the phone with the Ronald McDonald house and they are trying to get us a room over there. Please Lord let this go through, because as you all know from my previous prayer request, we were back then figuring out how to come up with $3,000 for ear tubes. I don't even want to think about what the medical costs are going to be now. with our lame HMO. I am trying hard to focus on my little man and believing that God will take care of us.

Lastly, Anna Grace is really struggling with all of this. The last two phone calls, she's remained on the phone listening, but will not speak to me. She's angry, confused and scared. A lot is going on at once. Your prayers are being felt. I can't thank you enough.

God bless.

13 comments :

geminirn said...

OH MY GOODNESS,I'm just catching up here and am shocked that all this is happening,oh my heart goes out to each of you and I will keep you all in my prayers.
Big Hugs from canada!

Kristy said...

Oh gosh Ohilda I had no idea this was all going on, it is spring break and we have been out most of the time and if not out, over at my parents helping out with my momma. I am so sorry that all of you are going thru this. You have to know that if I could I would be there with you holding your hand and wrapping my arms around you. I feel such a connection to you. God is so good the way he brings people into our lives. Please know that we are praying for Kai. We are praying for all of you. You have Big Hugs from TEXAS coming your way too. Keep us updated when you can.

Love you, Kristy

day by day said...

Oh, bless your heart!! Thanks so much for keeping us posted, Ohilda. You guys have been on my mind and in my prayers constantly. What a sweet(but sad) story about Kai counting the days.

sending you lots of ((hugs))

The Princess's Mommy said...

Still praying and praying, my sweet friend. I wish I were there to hold your hand, but instead please know that I'm sending you big ((hugs)) and happy thoughts from Alabama.

Love you,
Monica

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Ohilda,

As I read your update, my 5 year old son, Walker saw the picture of Kai and asked about him. I told him what is going on and his first response was to pray. Let Kai know that even the little people here in CA have him on their hearts. I will continue to pray, Sister.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Ohilda... I am praying over all your requests mentioned below, agreeing in prayer with everyone for little Kai's complete healing. May all the details of this "ride", not only in the helicopter, but the days of tests to follow, be worked out according to God's great purposes. I know He is holding your family when we, your bloggy friends, cannot be there to hold you ourselves....
Love and big squeezes....

He & Me + 3 said...

My heart goes out to you Ohilda. Please know that we are praying.

sara said...

thanks for the update. Still praying for you my friend. And like so many others have said, I wish I could be there to hug you, but know that you have the BEST with you at all times!!!

surrounding you with prayer!

Anonymous said...

Still praying in TX. Thanks for the update on sweet Kai. He is so smart to realize how many days had passed!

Angie

Terynn said...

It is all I can do to not jump in the car, on a plane to be there with you, with Anna Grace, with you Mom, with Amanda and AJ. UGH Please Lord. Please...

Mrs. Realife said...

With all your love... he's sure to come out the other side of this -- I'm praying now...

Sara said...

Oh my Ohilda!! I just checked in today and was in shock while reading all of your Kai posts...that poor little guy :-( Praying for all of you..and esp for sweet Kai to have relief soon.

Carol said...

I am praying so very hard for your whole family. I wish I could come there and help you. Stay strong my friend!!
All our love and prayers
Carol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin