"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Morning Update

Boy, I'm missing home and my kids...a lot!!

I got to the apt. last night at about 11:00. For those that don't know me well, I'm a huge chicken! I had Scott on the phone as I walked in, just in case there was someone hiding in closets, or behind shower curtains or under the bed (yeah....too much "24"). After pushing the couch to block the front door (By the way, we really are in a great and very safe part of town. I'm just a chicken.), I gave him the all clear and we said our good nights. I eventually fell asleep. I woke up this morning bright and early, showered and am now at my boy's bedside. He's still sleeping.

The report from nurses and Daddy was that he had a good night. His oxygen levels dropped into the 70's only once where he had to be stirred to breathe, otherwise they remain low, but not dangerous. His chest continues to retract into his spine as he struggles for air.

Scott was preparing to go back to the apartment now for a shower and to grab maybe 2-3 hours of sleep since he was up all night, not because of Kai, but because of another little two-year-old sweetie that screamed all night long for water and wanting to go home. Poor Scott greeted me with bloodshot eyes and nappy hair. (OK. People without hair - notice I didn't say bald) can't have nappy hair but I wanted you to envision the full effect). My sweet husband is incredible and I know there is no way that I could ever do this alone. Thank you, Jesus for blessing me with such an amazing man!

As Scott was leaving, he leaned down in the chair, that now has permanently formed imprints of my large bottom, and kissed me goodbye. As he was kissing me (and no, nothing that should not be done in public) I felt his hand stroking my arm. In my still not-quite-recouped mode, I thought, "Awww...how sweet he's being. I miss my hubby." But then he stood up and was standing in front of me and the "hand" was still stroking my arm. Then I thought, "What the hec?" I turn around and voila! Standing before me is Dr. Ego. I didn't know what to say and obviously neither did Scott because the three of us just stood there for a very long second. My immediate thought was he wants to partake in the surgery. Just before my imagination took off, he interrupted my thoughts by saying, "So, I hear you only want his adenoids removed." Scott said, "Yes, that's what we decided." I then followed it with, "We are taking the conservative approach." He listened and said, "Well, I hope that works. If not, we can always go back and take down the flap." as he was looking at Kai. UGH!!! Neither Scott nor I responded. Then he arrogantly spun on his heels towards the door and said, "I'll keep tabs on what's going on. Have a good day." And off he went into the sunset. (Not really the sunset, but you get the picture.)

Kai is tentatively scheduled for his surgery at 2:00 p.m. today. Of course, it might change according to the timing and complications, or lack of, in the surgeries prior to his. I will try to Twitter updates throughout the day since it seems to be the easiest thing to do to keep people abreast without having to worry about the Internet dropping like a hot potato in the midst of my thoughts.

Love you guys and thank you for your prayers. Your words of encouragement are very uplifting and when I find myself feeling low, I go back and read all the emails and comments as a reminder that we are not alone in this. I know our baby boy is completely bathed in prayer and I absolutely feel the presence of our Savior holding Kai in his arms as we wait for an end to Kai's breathing struggles. He really did never leave me. God is good....ALL THE TIME!

Before I go, I wanted to say a quick Happy Birthday to my precious nephew, Anthony. Sorry kiddo, we couldn't be with you today, but know that your Uncle Scott and your Titi Ohilda love you so much as we are SO very proud of you. BIG KISSES AND LOTS OF HUGS!!!


8 comments :

Unknown said...

We know God is in control. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Waitingfaithfully said...

Praying for Kai today, I'll be checking your Twitter! Happy to hear that you got some rest, hope that Scott is able to sleep a bit at the apartment. Thinking of you all, and praying for the kids at home too.

Hugs~

Tina

Aus said...

Praying for you guys - hang tough - and we'll included the family at home in our 'blessing request'!

hugs - aus and co.

Kristy said...

You are exactly right Ohilda, God never leaves our sides. He will not take you, where he cannot protect you. We prayed over Kai last night and we will be praying thru the day. God bless you and Scott and little Kai. I know that this will soon just be a distant memory and Kai will be healed. Love nd blessings, Kristy

Ruth said...

Woke up with Kai on my mind this morning so have been praying for all of you. I can just imagine how much you miss your other babies - Praying you will all be back together very soon!!! Following you on Twitter so will keep Kai in prayer during surgery!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Hang in there, Kai!!!

Praying for you all today, Veronica in CA

Tracy said...

Praying for you guys. Hnag in there.

E @ Scottsville said...

Awww, praying that his surgery went well. I remember when I had my tonsils and adnoids out. Hurt like heck, BUT I had lived my whole life sick..... and I have been the healthiest person ever since!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin