"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Tuesday, September 30, 2008

You just never know who's reading!

Before I post what I want to say, I want to remind you to please pray specifically for two sweet angels that are in surgery this morning.

Teddi Winder, who happens to be the precious daughter of my dear friend Tina at One Blessed Nest. Teddi is in surgery this morning having her palate repaired. Please pray that all go well and that her palate remain intact without any fistulas forming.

UPDATE ON TEDDI! "Teddi came through her surgery well. They were able to close her palate completely. She's been sedated most of the day and is cranky while awake. Thanks for all your prayers! Please pray for a restful night and that we get to come home tomorrow."

And of course, continued prayers for Susannah, who is also in surgery this morning. Again, Susannah's blog is HERE. Also, be sure to read today's post! It's definitely a "God thing"!

UPDATE ON SUSANNAH! PRAISE GOD SHE IS OUT OF SURGERY AND ALL WENT WELL!!!

Now onto my title post, You Just Never Know Who's Reading!

This morning I awoke to a message in my email that stated that someone had left me a comment on my Guestbook. I was quite excited because although I receive emails and comments on my blog all the time, most people don't bother with the Guestbook anymore.

This message was extra special though. It was from Jan Beazely. Remember Jan Beazely? She is the remarkable author of the book The Strength of Mercy that I am giving away! I feel so blessed and humbled that my little blog was read (even if by chance) by someone who has helped so many. Since my Guestbook is public, I have posted below her entry.

Thank you again Jan for taking the time to write. You are a faithful servant doing God's work and it is so very evident by the blessings in your life that you have shared with so many.

Dear Ohilda!

It's around three in the morning Portland Time and I couldn't sleep. So I started scrolling through blessing blogs and websites since I am going to be designing and doing one for AGCI called Small Blessings! named after our magazine and our gift store. As I was scrolling down your blog all of a sudden there's The Strength of Mercy staring back at me. I couldn't believe it! It took me back now almost 18 years ago when our own story was unfolding. Looking back I am always encouraged and pray that other families will be inspired by our story to pursue God's heart toward building their own families. Thank you for sharing my book with those on your blog! Hannah will be 18 in December, can you believe it! She ultimately became the first of almost 2500 children now home from all over the world. Hope all is well with you, watch for the new blog site addition. We'll be sending out an announcement when its up and running!!! Blessings to your wonderful family and to all !

Blessings!!

Jan Beazely



4 comments :

Rebecca Lily said...

Wow, this is so COOL!! Very much a God thing. :) I love seeing how He works in the lives of people and crosses our paths with others at just the right time. Amazing!

Lisa said...

Hi, Ohilda! I saw that you stopped by my blog and left me such a sweet comment so I wanted to pop by and say hey to you too! What a lovely family you have...I especially loved your testimony on the about me part when you said you lived so many years without Jesus and would never go back...what an encouragement to me...thanks so much, Ohilda!!! So glad that God encouraged you today with Jan's note...

With thanks,


Lisa

Michelle R Photography said...

How cool that you got the email from Jan. You just never know who might be reading.

I'm so glad to hear Teddi and Susannah's surgeries went well. I'm headed over to Susannah's blog now...

Ronda said...

Wow-so cool!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin