"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Monday, September 29, 2008

Not Me Monday


The author of My Charming Kids started something that I've found is hilarious and quite a few of my bloggy friends are doing. Could it be the fact that women all over blog world are being totally honest with what they occasionally do, and it sometimes reminds me of me? No...that couldn't be. Not me.

I did not sweet talk Scott, after he worked all day, into making dinner so that I could spend the evening reading my favorite blogs, only to fall asleep after a full tummy. Nope...not me. A good wife doesn't do that.

I would never call out to AJ "Wait. I'll be right there." for about 10 minutes after he woke up from his nap, just so I could finish watching Miami Animal Police in peace. No worries! It wasn't me! I'm an attentive, loving Mama.

I did not walk out the front door to get the mail and walk right back in when I saw my nosy neighbor standing outside. Furthermore, I certainly did not peek out the window hoping she didn't see me and come over to chat. That would be mean....and I'm not mean. Am I? No...umm....no, not me.

I did not tell the telemarketer that called this morning that Mrs. Bombardier won't be in until this evening and that I was the babysitter. I would never do that. Those telemarketers work hard for their money, and that just wouldn't be right. Definitely not me!

I did not sit in front of the computer this morning, eating Doritos and drinking a Coke while looking up Weight Watchers meetings. I'm serious about the diet I told Scott I'm starting and I would never do that!

15 comments :

Barbie said...

This just cracked me up!! Love the coke and doritos!! Sounds like a yummy breakfast. :-)

Shanan Strange said...

I'm laughing at you because I often pretend to be the babysitter when the phone rings. Shhhhhhhh..

Over-Caffeinated said...

So glad you left a comment on my blog. Very funny that several folks who have found me through MckMamma are adoptive parents. Three of my four are adopted. :) I guess we adoptive parents are big bloggers, huh? And my other blog http://marymargaretmaybe.blogspot.com has the SAME verse as the header as your family blog. It's my fave... along with Eph. 1:5! :)

The Ferrill's said...

Hilarious!!!!!! Ohilda this is SO funny!
Okay, catching up on posts and I am praying Anna Grace's surgery will go smooth and that it will be another turning point in her bonding! I know she has come so far, praise God!
And I am agreeing in prayer with you for little Susannah...especially tomorrow during her surgery...
Now I'm going to sign up for the giveaway! ;)

Jennifer said...

SOOOO Funny! I'm ALWAYS the babysitter when they call! And again and again when they call back at the times I tell them she(I) will be in!

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

I too have pretended to be the babysitter. I figure it is just a little more polite than hanging up on them, and maybe they get paid better if you don't hang up? I don't really know I've never been a telemarketer. I just like to think that its a job and somebody has to do it. Why can't I be nice even though I really don't want to buy what they're sellin!

Keisha said...

LOL!!
You are crackin me up!

The Byrd's Nest said...

You always make me laugh! I would turn around and go back inside for one of my neighbors too. ha!

Love it!

Sherri said...

You are so funny!

M& M's and diet coke are the best when you are looking at Weight Watchers.....although I haven't tried Doritos and Coke.

I LOVE Miami Animal Police! My family thinks I'm strange because I love watching the Animal Police shows.

Have a great day today.

sherri

Aus said...

Naw - I'm not like that either....keep up the good work!!!!

hugs -

aus

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness were you writing this about you or about me??? Definitely NOT ME!!!

Too funny my friend,

Krista

Anonymous said...

Ay Ohilda some things never change I almost peed myself when I read the coke/doritos & weight watchers, you are too much for your own good!


Vero

Rebecca Lily said...

Too funny!!!!

At least you TALKED to the telemarketer... I just hang up. I mean, I DO NOT hang up... not me! :)

Michelle R Photography said...

How funny!! I would never do those things either. ;-)

Amy said...

It's SO comforting to know that I am not the only woman out there who would NEVER do any of those things! ;) Ohilda, you definitely have a way of making us all feel good about the skin we are in. Thanks for keeping it real...seeing the humor in life. I love checking in on your blog! Love, Amy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin