"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Friday, May 9, 2008

I AM my children's MOM!

Someone emailed me this and it just made my blood boil. Maybe I'm PMS'ing or being overly sensitive but when someone categorizes me as a "Non-Mom", I think I have every right to show my Mama Bear claws.
Just ask my sweeties if I'm their MOM or not!!!!!

Click
HERE to view what the idiots at NBC have come up with now!








It's your chance to vote for your favorite mom. The categories are:

"Working Mom"
"Single Mom"
"COE" (Chairman of Everything)
and.....

"Non-mom Mom", which includes adoptive mothers! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I've already done this, but if you care to write to them and let them know your thoughts,
CLICK HERE! or call (212) 664-4249,


image signature

1 comment :

Grace Chang said...

My name is Grace and I work with Edelman (www.Edelman.com), on behalf of Teleflora’s “America’s Favorite Mom” program. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this issue.

After closer examination, Teleflora recognized how this may have been offensive to moms who have adopted children… moms who are indeed real moms in every sense of the word. This show of insensitivity was in no way intended and Teleflora offers its deepest apology (http://americasfavoritemom.com/mothers-day-2008/static/semiFinalists). It was always Teleflora’s intent to salute and celebrate all moms.

Please know that in response to the concerns expressed, Teleflora immediately changed the name of the “Non-Mom” category to “Adopting Moms,” which has already been posted at AmericasFavoriteMom.com(http://americasfavoritemom.com/mothers-day-2008/static/semiFinalists).

On behalf of Teleflora, I would like to offer my sincerest best wishes to you on this Mother’s Day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin