"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Monday, March 17, 2008

Love is Eternal

My sweet "Abuela Fefa"

Six years ago today, my loving grandmother went home to be with our Lord and Savior. It was her 90th birthday. The picture above was taken at the last big event we shared, our wedding, 9 months prior to her passing away.

I am so thankful that I have my faith which allows me to believe that I will be reunited with her someday. She's been gone for six years and there's rarely a day that I don't think about her. I very often think about how much she and my grandfather would have loved our new little ones. My heart believes that she is smiling from above at their antics and sharing in our joy.

She was an amazing lady who catered to my three older babies as if they were her own. They, too, cherished her.

Oh, how I wish that Kai, Anna Grace and AJ would have had the chance to know this remarkable woman. I look forward to sharing my stories about her with them.

Abuela, Happy 96th Birthday! I know you are celebrating with Jesus, pain free and surrounded by more love and joy than you could ever receive in this earthly world.
I love and miss you!

image signature

4 comments :

The Princess's Mommy said...

Ohilda,
What a beautiful grandmother! I know how much you must miss her. My grandmother is still with us, but her mind is gone....she no longer knows who I am...and I miss her so much! I hope you have a peaceful day, my friend.
Love,
Monica

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Grandmother. My Grandmother turns 98 this year and I know how blessed I am.
She is smiling from above and watching your children.

The Ferrill's said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman!
I read your posts below and praise God for providing the money for that family! YES!
And I LOVE your 100 things! You sound like one amazing gal. I'm working on my 100 things, it's quite a challenge!

mommy24treasures said...

your grandmother is beautiful. I can see love in her smile... It radiates.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin