"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Wednesday, August 26, 2009

oh where...oh where...oh where did we go? (Part 1)


Since Daddy's a Navy man, we absolutely had to visit the aircraft carrier, USS Intrepid.

IMG_91461

IMG_92091

IMG_92541

Of course, every child deserves a little fun at F.A.O. Schwarz...

IMG_91411

...and do a few little dance moves on "The Big Piano".

IMG_91261

For those Beatle fans (ahem...Amanda) Strawberry Fields in Central Park and seeing the famed Dakota building (where Lennon was shot and big stars like Lauren Bacall live) were definitely a must!

IMG_9079

IMG_90861

True Catholics would never pass up going to mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral. (Sorry for the blurred picture, it was taken in haste right before mass began.)

IMG_90471

Peeking into fountains while making our way to Rockefeller Center is always fun!

IMG_90081

IMG_97061

Going up to the Empire State Building was "sooo cool, Mama! We're outside in the sky!"

IMG_96481

IMG_96691

IMG_96951

IMG_96761

A visit to China Town wouldn't be complete without shopping there and having a delicious authentic Chinese dinner! YUM! This brought back great memories of our trips to China!

IMG_94631

Times Square was a daily stop for food, shopping and fun. Day. And. Night. Sometimes late nights as you can tell by AJ's yawn.

IMG_92841

IMG_90341

IMG_90211

IMG_90311

More spots we visited coming soon!

14 comments :

The Princess's Mommy said...

Wow! Looks like you had an amazing time!! All the pics are great! Can't wait to see more!

Love ya,
Monica

Patricia said...

Ahhhhh...these pictures TRULY do my hometown justice!! SO glad you got to do ALL of these things & that you had such a wonderful time!!

Terynn said...

Wow. What a lot of memories you made. I am so glad that Amanda had such a great time. Blesses my heart. :)

sara said...

what a blast!!! Loved seeing the pictures!!

Holly said...

That's amazing! Living the dream!!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. You did so much
I'm coming with you next time.... can I ride in a stroller too???

Tracy

Sherri said...

I am just as Jealous!! Wow!! great pictures...I will get there one day.

hugs from home.
Sherri

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a great time! I have always wanted to see New York and now I have! The kids will never forget it!

TanyaLea said...

WOW!!...what a trip! And GREAT photos...thanks for sharing. You have such a beautiful family!! :)

Hugs,
Tanya

Aus said...

Very cool - lots of really great stuff to experience - just love seeing you guys!

hugs - aus and co.

Nicki said...

Looks like you all had a amazing time, I so hope to visit the same spots later this year,
Hugs

day by day said...

ohhh.....it looks like you guys had a great time!!! What a bummer that you were so close to us, yet so far. : )

I am glad you had such a fun vacation!!!

Michelle R Photography said...

Ohilda,
I am so sorry for being so behind in my blog reading. I am just now getting caught up on your NYC trip and first day of school activities. It looks like you had a FABULOUS trip to NY. Now, that is quite a birthday bash!! And it is so nice to see you were able to visit with so many at Central Park. I am sure they just loved meeting you, as I know I would. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Kimberlie said...

Your pictures of NYC brought me back to my childhood in NJ and visits to "the City." I can not tell you the number of times I went into St. Patrick's and was in awe of the beauty and the reverence, but never attended Mass because I was not Catholic. Now I am Catholic, and I live so far away, I don't know when I will have the privilege of kneeling before Our Lord in this beautiful cathedral. So glad you were able to go!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin