"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Friday, February 6, 2009

WAITING....



This video and post was completely stolen borrowed from a friend's blog who just can't help but fill me with hope in our Lord when I go there. I'm talking about Kim from The Byrd's Nest.

The video is from the movie Fireproof, (which I highly recommend you watch). As Kim posted on her blog, the song is not just for married couples.

I sat at my computer last night listening. I closed my eyes and took in every word. As I did, I not only thought about everything that Scott and I are waiting on God to accomplish in our lives, but at the ever-increasing prayer list that I have going. I am humbled and honored when many of you write to me asking for prayers. I know God's watch always seems to run so very slow, but in the end, we can all testify that His timing is always perfect.

So, this song is for myself and each and every one of you who I lift up in prayer daily. I especially think of those of you that have asked for prayers because you have children that are suffering some sort of illness, those of you that have lost jobs and are wondering how you will pay your bills, those of of you that don't know how much longer you'll be able to stand the incredibly long wait to hold your child, those of you whose hearts have been open to adoption but your spouses heart has not, those of you that have suffered miscarriages or are struggling with bad decisions you have made in your past, those of you that have family members with cancer and their future is so unsure, and those of you who have children who struggle with attachment issues, delays and/or disabilities.

I lift every single one of you up in prayer now and ask our Lord to hear your cries, to hear our cries. But in the meantime, while we are waiting on Him, please continue to worship and praise Him. He has never, and will never, leave your side! Ever. Our spouses, children, family and friends at one point or another in our lives have or will disappoint us. But God will never disappoint you! He is so worthy of praise, not only when He blesses us, but as He carries us through the fire while we wait.

Thank you Kim for the reminder.

(PLEASE REMEMBER TO SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM TO TURN OFF THE BACKGROUND MUSIC.)

9 comments :

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Happy Friday dearest Ohilda!
...I was feeling kinda low energy...blah...then heard the song, read your words and my heart needed that...I needed to be rid of my selfishness... I am now FOCUSED on what I need to do TODAY...be thankful, pray for others...LOOK UP!!!!
Blessings!!!!

Jill W said...

Thank You!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I do love this song so much it is perfect. I lift up all my followers in prayer too. Blessings!

Amy said...

...Just the right words...at just the right time...

Thank you, Ohilda. And thank you, Kim (whom I am now going to "meet.")

Love you, sweet friend,
Ame

Tami said...

Ohilda,

Your timing is perfect, although I'm in tears all over again after listening and reading this!

My hubby and I rented Fireproof last night, and when this song came on towards the end of the movie, I literally fell apart. It is so beautiful, and my heart and eyes just welled up to overflowing. As I listened to the words, my thoughts immediately went to where we are in our journey and the little girl we are waiting for....wondering if our plans are His plans, and how long we will have to wait. I told myself I wanted to find this song, and voila...you've done that for me:-). The lyrics speak volumes to our situation. It's so hard at times, but I know continuing to 'run the race, and serve' while we wait on Him, is what's required.

I can feel your prayers, Ohilda...thank you...you're such a blessing.

OX,
Tami

Aus said...

Thanks O - you and a several others have been speaking to me the last couple days - and your timing was great! Don't forget that we're praying for you guys too!

hugs -

aus and co.

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

I loved this post, I loved the movie, and I loved this song even more!

Thanks for posting, I may have to steal...err, borrow it for mine. Seems like my blog is always striving to be like yours. I want to be like Ohilda when I grow up!!!!!!

Now to go forward this to my friends that are so patiently waiting on the Lord.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am so glad that you took it off my blog because she said it soooooo much better than I did! You always know the right thing to say:)

day by day said...

Hey Ohilda! That is wonderful...thanks for letting me know about Tim! : ) He is a cutie for sure and is doubly blessed now as I know you will hold him in prayer! Bless your heart!

love ya!
Michelle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin