"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Saturday, January 3, 2009

Heartbreaking....



As I read THIS news tonight, I felt like I had been sucker-punched. It doesn't matter if they are celebrities or not. I can't even begin to imagine anything worse in the entire world than losing a child. Sadly, the Travolta family is dealing with this tragedy tonight.

Please take a moment and say a prayer for them as their year begins with such complete and utter sadness.

12 comments :

The Princess's Mommy said...

This makes me so sad, too. Praying for their family.

Monica

Joy said...

I read this yesterday and I was so saddened! I feel the same way. I doesn't matter if they are celebrities. They are people first and it is so sad.

Joy

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Ohilda, I felt the SAME way...celebrity or NOT...the utter sadness of losing a child...my prayers are with them as they have to move forward with this...

The Byrd's Nest said...

I know...wasn't this just terrible? Breaks my heart for anyone to have to lose a child. Big Hugs sweet friend.

Amy said...

Oh Ohilda, I feel the same way. Nothing could be worse. Praying with you...Love, Amy

Candace said...

I felt the same way... it truly is one of the saddest things I have heard. My heart goes out to them.

Mrs. L said...

Such a sad story. John Travolta and Kelly Preston are both so loveable too. You know they are just good people. I think that's why it's hit everyone hard.

Sherri said...

I have always liked John Travolta. Since Welcome Back Kotter days....

I hate it that they lost their son. So sad. I pray someone shares the truth with them and they get out of Scientology so they can find peace.

sherri

Tish said...

hi there! just checking out your blog! love it! am adding it to my favorites so i can come back and read through your old posts!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I didn't hear about this. Very heartbreaking.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't even begin to understand the pain a parent endures when they lose their child. My heartfelt prayers go out to the Travolta family.

RamblingMother said...

I know it is so very sad.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin