"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Tuesday, April 22, 2008

T-E-M-P-E-S-T-U-O-U-S


This word could be used to describe the craziness of life at times, but what it really represents to us is the word Amanda missed at the State Spelling Bee championship. I felt so bad for her because I knew how nervous she was. She misspelled it by one letter . She said "I" after the 2nd "T", instead of "U".

Hec
, Scott and I were nervous wrecks and we weren't the ones standing in an auditorium with hundreds of people waiting for you to spell a word. Especially with it being so quiet in there that you could hear a pin drop.

Just getting that far was a huge achievement. There were kids from all over the state competing for the national championship.

Amanda, We are so very proud of you, sweetheart! You did awesome!

Note to Amanda: I know you will never, ever forget how to spell T-E-M-P-E-S-T-U-O-U-S and neither will we. XXXOOO!

Note to everyone else: Sorry for the blurry pictures, still trying to figure out the ins and outs of the new camera.

image signature

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

What an awesome job! You should be very proud of yourself.

geminirn said...

Great job girl...you sure must have made your parents very proud!!!!

Keisha said...

Great Job Amanda!!

mommy24treasures said...

awww I know it was tough. I know you are very proud of her!

Yea on the rebel! I love mine. I love to look for lenses now!;) I am on the search for one right now.

Aus said...

Amanda - PROUD of you too!!

PS - if you had a Nikon....

big grins here!!

aus

Blog Widget by LinkWithin