"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Thursday, June 14, 2007

Part 1

Wow!! What a morning!!

Let me start with last night. I got a call from my sister (remember that she is the one watching AJ and Amanda) that she had 102 degree fever!! My brother in law and nephew are away at a retreat, so it is just her. UGH! I know that Satan is doing everything in his power to take away from the joy of bringing another little Christian into Christ’s light….but I am so filled with the Spirit and I know that God is protecting us.

Getting back to my sister. We had no choice, she was the only person available to watch the kids, not to mention that I trust her with my life. I don’t think I would leave the kids with anyone else.

So…she didn’t come over as planned last night, and neither did my Mom, who stayed behind to make my sister some soup and try to heal her back to health as much as possible. We agreed that she would be at our house around 6:45 a.m. this morning to take us to the airport and to pick up her much treasured package…my kids.

Fast forward to this morning. At about 6:50, I get a call from my sister. She is on I-75 and it is bumper to bumper. Traffic is not moving. I begin to panic and start praying, knowing that there was nothing I could do. We wait.

At about 7:15, I call again. We were to leave to the airport at 7:00. I call my sister again and she says that she had to get off the highway and take a back road. Well, so did the thousand other people that were on the highway. The one back road in our town is packed! She’s not moving. Fortunately, she is just minutes from the highway. So, Scott decided that she drop my Mom off at the airport and we would take our van for her to later pick up. My sister lives about an hour away from me. She wouldn’t have time to pick up our car today because she was so sick she called to get an appt. to see the doctor in her town, and had to turn around after picking up the kids to do go there. Having such a high fever and feeling totally miserable, it was completely understandable that she then didn’t want to drive another 2 hours roundtrip to pick up our car later when my son got off of work. We agreed that she’d pick up the car tomorrow or at a later date.

Scott and I packed the van, gave hugs and kisses to Amanda and AJ and we were off. I was telling Scott on the way to the airport that I thought that Satan was all over this trip. He said, “Ohilda, my thoughts are that it was God that caused all the delays this morning.” I start thinking….”are you crazy? Why would God bring us so much stress?” His response? “Your sister is really sick. It’s obviously contagious because your mom had it last week. God was keeping you away from her so that we wouldn’t end up in China with that horrible virus!!!” I am so thankful for my husband’s wisdom, How true that now appeared. Thank you, Lord!! Another reason we should always thank Him for the good AND the bad. We made it to the airport on time, including enough time to grab a green tea Frappuccino from Starbucks. J

So, where are we now? In Detroit. The first leg of the journey went excellent. Actually, Kai was excellent, I was nauseous. I forgot to take my Dramamine but made it off the plane in time not toss my cookies all over the passengers surrounding me. I know….Gross!!

Kai was wonderful. He watched us lift off and had a smile on his face from ear to ear, all while clutching my hand with a death grip. It was sooooo cute!!! He kept busy with Mama making little animal and people out of Playdough, watched about an hour of Big Bird Goes to China and played with his little cars. I was so proud of him. Daddy and PoPo had to sit in another row because it was a packed plane, but we did good.
Now we are waiting to board the longest leg of our journey….13 hours from Detroit to Guanghzou, via Toyko. We’re ¼ of the way there! I can’t wait!!!!!!

No comments :

Blog Widget by LinkWithin