"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Monday, June 8, 2009


Please don't turn your eyes away. Instead allow the things that break Christ's heart to break yours.

(Please remember to scroll down and turn off background music.)


Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act. - Proverbs 24:12

6 comments :

Aus said...

In a way it makes you outraged - kind of like sad on steroids or something. Cudo's to the producer for being brave enough to show this to the world!

hugs - aus and co.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

WOW! That is amazing....thanks Ohilda.
I am going to link up to this post...it is too good to NOT to share.
Jill

Jewels of My Heart said...

When we stop and think.... truly realize how blessed we are and how many do not have food... One would think it would cause us to change... to sacrifice at least a little to help someone in need.
Truly heart breaking.....

a Tonggu Momma said...

It just breaks my heart. This year the husband and I committed to one another that we weren't simply going to sponsor a child and donate to the local soup kitchen, we were also going to waste less food. I'm embarrassed by how much we used to throw away... and even more embarrassed by what we still do throw away.

Keisha said...

Oh.. my.. Ohilda. I'm sitting here crying! This is so sad...
Here I sit.. with my laptop, coffee in hand.. plenty in the cabinets.. plenty in the fridge & I'm worried about bills, or how many days we can stay at the beach this month. This video put things into perspective! Thank you for sharing.
That poor man that directed the video & sung at the end... you could feel his Pain & saddness for these people in his voice.
Very touching!!!

Marsha said...

I found you via a link on the Blue Monday side bar. I'm touched by your love, compassion and patience. You truly exemplify the heart of God.

There is a couple from our church that has also adopted 2 children from China. They've added so much to our body of believers.

And this video, tears are still streaming down my face. I would like to put this on my blog as well. Truly moving and convicting as well.

Bless you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin