(Please remember to scroll to the bottom and turn off the background music.)
As many of you know, I really do try to give it my all to be a nice Catholic girl and follow the beliefs that our Lord gave to our to our first Pope, Peter. But by golly, What. Is. Up. With. The. Catholic. Church?
Between the scandal of Padre Alberto in Miami (that we are shamefully hearing about constantly in So. Florida) and Father Jenkins' totally outrageous denigration of one of the most prestigious Catholic universities in the country, I sometimes wonder where will it end? Will it end?
Every day I am more and more disillusioned with the Catholic church and it hurts. It really hurts. I know that priest are human, but these are ordained holy men who have vowed to dedicate everything for Christ. Is it me? Am I expecting too much from men who are supposed to be our shepherds, our spiritual leaders?
For Father Jenkins to believe that by handing Obama, the most liberal pro-choice president ever, an honorary doctorate it will open to him the lines of communication to protect the sanctity of life is even more outrageous than his statement! This issue goes beyond academics and respect for the President. Where is our exercising of religious freedom? This issue is about whether or not this Catholic university will stand firm on it's foundation and beliefs that abortion is murder. Period. Or will it give in to to the political rhetoric that is bringing this country spiraling downward?
Kudos to those students at Notre Dame who are standing up for their moral convictions and not letting the pressure of political correctness bind their beliefs!
Obama has literally filled the White House and powerful federal agencies with lawyers from the nation's foremost extremist abortion-advocacy groups, the groups that have bitterly opposed every effort of the Catholic Church, both here and overseas, to protect the lives of the unborn and their mothers from abortion.
This man is in need of a lot prayer. If you're Catholic, you can join the MILLION ROSARIES CAMPAIGN FOR OBAMA by clicking HERE. If you're not Catholic, you can join in prayer by lifting up Obama to our Savior and asking for mercy upon his soul and a complete change of heart when it comes to God's most precious gifts to us, His babies!
You can also sign the petition "Stop Obama Notre Dame" by clicking HERE.
I leave you with a long, long list of what this president has
not done for the unborn since he won the election! In the history of the U.S., there has never been a president or politician for that matter whose personal opinions and actions regarding the unborn have been so literally inhumane, remorseless and even bordering on irrational.
- November 5, 2008: Obama selects pro-abortion Representative Rahm Emanuel as his White House Chief of Staff.
- November 19, 2008: Obama nominates pro-abortion former Senator Tom Daschle as his Health and Human Services Secretary.
- November 20, 2008: Obama adds former National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) legal director Dawn Johnsen to his Department of Justice Review Team and later appoints her Assistant Attorney General for the Office of the Legal Counsel.
- November 24, 2008: Obama appoints Ellen Moran, former director of the pro-abortion group Emily's List, as his White House communications director.
- November 24, 2008: Obama puts former Emily's List board member Melody Barnes in place as his director of the Domestic Policy Council.
- November 30, 2008: Obama names pro-abortion Senator Hillary Clinton as his Secretary of State.
- December 10, 2008: Obama selects pro-abortion former Clinton administration official Jeanne Lambrew as deputy director of the White House Office of Health Reform.
- December 10, 2008: Obama transition team publishes memo from dozens of pro-abortion groups listing the actions they want him to take.
- January 5, 2009: Obama picks pro-abortion Virginia Governor Tim Kaine as the Democratic National Committee chairman.
- January 6, 2009: Obama chooses Thomas Perrelli, the lawyer who represented Terri Schiavo's husband Michael, as the third highest attorney in the Justice Department.
- January 22, 2009: Obama releases statement reiterating support for Roe v. Wade, the decision that has allowed 50 million abortions since 1973.
- January 23, 2009: Obama overturns the Mexico City Policy, forcing taxpayers to fund pro-abortion groups that either promote or perform abortions abroad.
- January 26, 2009: Obama nominee for Deputy Secretary of State, James B. Steinberg, advocates taxpayer funding of abortion.
- January 29, 2009: Obama nominates pro-abortion David Ogden as Deputy Attorney General.
- February 12, 2009: Obama nominates pro-abortion Elena Kagan to serve as Solicitor General.
- February 27, 2009: Obama starts the process of overturning pro-life conscience protections put in place by President Bush.
- February 28, 2009: Obama nominates pro-abortion Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius to become Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- March 5, 2009: The Obama Administration shuts out pro-life groups from attending a White House sponsored health care summit.
- March 9, 2009: Obama signs an executive order allowing taxpayer money to fund embryonic stem cell research.
- March 10, 2009: Obama creates a new foreign policy position for women's issues filled by abortion advocate Melanne Verveer.
- March 10, 2009: Obama reverses an executive order calling for research into obtaining embryonic stem cells without harming human life.
- March 11, 2009: Obama creates a new agency known as the White House Council on Women and Girls, led by abortion advocate Tina Tchen.
- March 11, 2009: Obama administration officials at the United Nations deny the negative effects of abortion and advocate an unlimited right to abortion.
- March 17, 2009: Obama names pro-abortion federal judge David Hamilton to serve on the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- March 20, 2009: The White House announces that President Obama will give the commencement address at the University of Notre Dame.
- March 26, 2009: Obama announces $50 million for the UN Population Fund, which is closely tied to the Chinese forced abortions program.
- April 15, 2009: Obama administration's Department of Homeland Security labels pro-lifers potential terrorists.
- April 22, 2009: Obama administration's Food and Drug Administration changes policy to allow 17-year-old girls to obtain Plan B contraceptive pills without a prescription.