"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Thursday, April 23, 2009

in all thy ways acknowlege Him


"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Matthew 21:22


And that's exactly what we did. All of us. His body on earth.

We believed. We received.

First, the ENT's office. Kai and I arrived about 45 minutes early. I hadn't sat down to fill out paperwork before they were already calling us in. I love this doctor! What a kind man. He asked about my drive up, whether or not I had gotten lost and of course, the reason why we were there, about how Kai was doing. He looked in his mouth, played with him a bit, looked in his ears, and allowed Kai to examine his mouth and ears. After Kai's examination the doctor turned to me and said, "Mom, I think he's doing great! Everything looks exactly as it should. His breathing sounds perfect. How about coming back in six months?" I quietly whispered to my God, "Thank you, Jesus!" "In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:6

Oh yea, my God rocks and he his setting our paths straight. Straight to Dr. Hero's office where we found ourselves sitting 15 minutes later.

Kai made himself at home as he leaned back in the little recliner provided for kids, with his feet propped up watching Handy Manny on the flat screen TV in front of him. Life is good being four, you know.

A few minutes later we were called in. As I walked past Dr. Hero's office to the examining room, I noticed right next to his desk, the plaque we had given him hanging on the wall. That warmed my heart.

Kai was weighed in the room and again, a huge praise to our King....he now weighs a whopping 32 pounds!!! He's gained four pounds since he was first admitted on March 10. That's huge for a little boy that's taken a year to gain two pounds. We still see some ribs and bones, but there's no doubt, we're getting there!

Kai and I sat in the examining room reading The Little Mermaid while we waited for Dr. Hero to make his entrance. Just as we finished the book, he entered the room. Of course, as always, he greeted us with an exuberant welcome.

Then we got down to business.

I told him about Kai still de-sat'ing one or two times a night, mostly 88 - 90. He said he thought that was pretty insignificant (another praise to the King!) but that he still recommended we take Kai in for a complete sleep study in about 4-6 weeks.

During our talk, Kai had been on the floor playing with his Spiderman figure. Dr. Hero scooped him up and put him on the examining table. Dr. Hero asked Kai to open wide, which Kai eagerly complied with. "His stitches are healed and he looks great!", was the response from Dr. Hero.

We chit-chatted for a little bit afterwards about what future procedures Kai will be needing in regards to his cleft palate; i.e. bone graft, possible orthognathic (corrective jaw) surgery, long-term speech therapy, etc. We are by no means done, but we are well on our way to that straight path. And we know it's because God allowed this to happen and because of the many, many people praying for our boy. After agreeing to return in four months for a follow-up and another round of hugs and kisses, we were on our way.

Prior to leaving to Orlando, I had arranged a very special meeting with a very special little boy, Isaac. I 'met' Isaac's Mommy, Gretchen, when I received an email from her over two years ago as we prepared to bring home Anna Grace. She was using the same agency we used to bring home Kai and was in the DTC group prior to my sister's, August 2006.

While waiting for their NSN baby to come home, God moved their hearts to special needs. One day, I received a phone call from Gretchen telling me they were reviewing the file of a little boy with cleft lip and palate. She wanted to know about my experience with Kai and also about cleft doctors. She just happened to live in Orlando. Of course, I raved about Dr. Hero.

Six months ago, this absolutely, scrumptious little man came home to his forever family. I was honored and blessed to meet him and his Mama yesterday.

I don't have to tell you guys how my heart just shrivels up and melts into a puddle over cleft babies. Meeting sweet Isaac yesterday was absolutely no exception. He's 20 months old and has a humongous personality. Just cute as a button.! Kai greeted him by saying, "Look Mama! He's Chinese. Just like me!" heh.

I admit, it's a good thing his Mama was keeping a good eye on him, because I may have just snagged that little man and stuffed him in my bag, only to come home and say to Scott, "Hey! Look what Kai was a given as a gift at the doctor's office!" Ahem. Do you think he'd believe me? Probably not, huh?

And the best part? This little man has an auntie that lives the next town over from us. About a 15 minute drive. So, I know it won't be the last time we see him!

Gretchen, again, thank you for taking the time to meet up with us. We were completely blessed. FYI. I did give Scott a heads up that we'll be seeing you soon and he better guard his heart cause otherwise it will be stolen.

Thank you all for your prayers. I believe we've reached the end of this chapter. Please take a moment to acknowledge our God for His perfect will being the answer to our prayers. He is so worthy of praise!

Here are some pictures from yesterday's trip and from our little play date. Please excuse the terrible quality of the pictures. Not only was the lighting bad, but I didn't take my all incredible and amazing Canon, but instead took my old, not-worthy-of carrying, simple HP point and shoot.


HPIM04461
I took this while driving up. The sun rising over the fog. Only God could create such beauty!

HPIM04541
"But Mama, why don't you take just one bite!!!"

HPIM04661
Is that an adorable little face or what? I love the hair, too!

HPIM04671
Working hard on figuring out how to take the screws out of the bench.

HPIM04641
Finally meeting another online buddy! I love these moments!

HPIM04621

"Mama, pleeeeeease, can we keep him?"


P.S. DON'T FORGET TO CHECK BACK ABOUT THE DETAILS FOR THE UPCOMING GIVEAWAY!!!!

20 comments :

The Princess's Mommy said...

Praising the Lord for a good report! An oh my...little Isaac...what a cutie!

Love ya,
Monica

Patricia said...

Ohilda, I was overjoyed reading this post!!! We have an amazing, awesome God...a God who loves & listens to our hearts!! LOVE IT!!! And the quote at the start of your post is absolutely PERFECT!!

Mandi said...

So glad to hear you got great news from the doctor. I think it is so cool that some bloggers are able to meet other bloggers. I recently had the privelage of meeting Rebecca from China Baby. She is an amazing woman. She actually only lives about an hour from me so she is coming to our mom's support group and play group once a month.
I love how He arranges for all of us to meet not only through blogs, but in real life as well.

Mandi

geminirn said...

Oh Ohilda that is a great,great report,wonderful news.Ok that last photo has brought tears to my eyes...how beautiful!!!

waiting4Isabella said...

Issac is a cutie..... Kai Kai looks good with another lil brother, heh ! Wink, Wink !!!!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Yes, yes, can we keep him?!?!?!?!?

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Amy said...

Thank you, God!!! Ohilda, you brought us the news we've all been praying for! God is SO GOOD!

Kai looks fantastic and little Isaac is adorable...how precious they are together!

Wishing you a long soak in a hot tub with a glass of wine (and maybe your no. 2 man, Keiffer, on Tivo)...you deserve some relaxation now, sweet friend!

With Love and Joy! and Big Hugs to boot,
Ame

Michelle R Photography said...

Praising God for healing Kai!! What wonderful... and QUICK... Dr's visits you had! Exactly what you needed. I'm so happy for you all. And what a great way to end your day with a visit with a bloggy friend. Isaac is adorable and I can see why you wanted to scoop him up and take him home with you.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

YEAH! YEAH! and YEAH! I am thrilled to read this update...may you have some down time with absolutely NOTHING NEW or EXCITING happening except time with family!!
You deserve a break today!!
Love,
Jill

Angie said...

Yea!!! So happy for you all!!! God is good!!!

La Familia Garcia said...

Praising God for this great news!
I bet it feels great to be at this place and looking back! What a blessing!

Starla said...

PTL! So good to hear that things are going so well for sweet Kai...and for you. Starla

day by day said...

Wonderful news! What a blessing and privilege to read this. Yay God!!!
OM Gosh...Isaac is adorable!! How cool is that...that you were able to meet him and his Mom!

The Ferrill's said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Jesus! After praying for little Kai for weeks, it is a breath of refreshment to hear so many praises for his good health and healing!
My heart is singing tonight!
And yes, it is so fun meeting online buddies, isn't it? Maybe one day our two families??????????? SOON????????
;)

Keisha said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!! GOd is GOOD all the TIME!!!
YAY... KAI.. 6mths!!! WHOOHOOO!!!
;)
Okay.. Isaac is a DOLL.. super-cutie & I think Kai has found a new best bud!!
Isn't it great meeting bloggy friends?... They do exsist.. They do exsist!!! LOL!!!
Hugs! LOL!
Do you remember meeting me in China & Lucy's??? You had just gotten AG & we were waiting to fly out. AG was sooooo Quiet & LOOK at her now!!!!!!!! As I said... GOd is GOOD!!

Aus said...

Well - Hoorah - huzzah - a quick prayer of thanks - and if I might be so bold just a quite 'lady I told you he'd be all right'! Very cool you got to meet another member of the family too - you know it's only a matter of time right?

Blessings - and re the tweets - forget the floor, ya'll have earned a little time off and it 'will' still be there!

hugs - love you guys - aus and co.

Jill W said...

Prayers of thanksgiving from WI. What good news. God is soooo good!

Holly said...

Ohilda! I would have loved to meet you and your sweet boy, but I'm so glad you're home. I was in bed a lot yesterday with some pains....stuff my doc and I are working on.... :)
Bummer that we didn't meet.
Oh but one day...we will...one day.
I love to read all the answers to faithful prayers.
God is good....His love endures forever!
Hugs,
holly

Jewels of My Heart said...

Thank You Jesus!
Hello Friend,
I just got home last night and finally am at the computer. How happy I am to read the wonderful news about your sweet Kai! God is so faithful and I am so thankful for our answered prayers.
God bless you and your precious family.
Love,
Daleea

mommy24treasures said...

so thankful to here Kai is doing SO well! WONDERFUL It truly is His goodness and mercy.
Thank you Lord
Amen.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin