"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wendy's is at the top of the list of the 100 Best Adoption Friendly Workplaces


Who was it that said that flipping burgers was a bad thing?

In 2007, The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption announced a list of employers with the best adoption benefits in the nation. Rankings were based on the amount of financial reimbursement and paid leave for employees who adopt.

On May 1st, a new list for 2008 was released. Wendy’s, headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is #1 by offering up to $23,300. (!!!) in financial reimbursement and up to six weeks of paid leave for employees who adopt. That totally rocks!!!

Wendy’s was among more than 50 companies who enhanced or established adoption benefits as a result of what they learned from the Foundation’s first Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace list last year.

Check out the 2008 list HERE.



image signature

7 comments :

Keisha said...

Oh .. your blog looks Great!!!
All summer looking & stuff!!
I love it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that. Wendy's just became my favorite fast food resturant!!!!!

redmaryjanes said...

My company stinks, no financial help and no maternity leave.

forever sisters... said...

Wendy's is and has always been one of my favs! My former employer had a $2500 reembursement, not much, but it sure helped. Wendy's rocks!! Kind of makes me want to get a job there, but no further adoptions here.

Your new look is great!

Carrie

The Ferrill's said...

I knew I loved Wendy's for something other than their yummy mexican salad!
The Dave Thomas foundation is awesome. Ohilda I have missed your blog and I'm so happy to catch up on everything! I love your "watching the pot boil" post. I'm just so thankful that you are sharing this journey with all of us, and I know the Lord has amazing things in store for your family! I love it when He speaks to us so individually like in your Diego African adventure story!
And I LOVED reading all about you in that meme you did! You are such a blessing!
Love,
laine

redmaryjanes said...

Hi there,

I am working to put together an adoption book list at the new blog No Place Like Home and wondered if you had any recommendations.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Hey!
Maybe I should go work at Wendy's and we could adopt again! That's AWESOME!!! (Love the new blog header BTW!)
Love,
Monica

Blog Widget by LinkWithin