"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Tuesday, August 18, 2009

a picnic in the park

Our little group!

Matthew and Kai soon became good buddies.

Taken while the group was singing Happy Birthday to my girl.

Surrounded by my Bouquet of Blessings!

Our sweet Anna Grace with the beautiful Belarusian princess, Lexi.

Sixteen kiddos!!!

Sasha & Jonas hanging around.
Running free!

My baby boy, A.J. having a blast!

Piggy back rides anyone?

A perfect afternoon for a nap!

Boyd & Sara

Tracy & Michael
This guy's gonna be a heartbreaker. Belarusian prince, Aleksey.

Hmmm...could this be a look into the future?

Friends: Sara, Tracy, Me, Teresa & Becky

Teresa with one of her sweeties, Phoebe.

Becky and her beautiful China doll, Carli.

Chillin' in the shade.

The love of my life and I.

It's now Tuesday night and our time in the city that doesn't sleep is flying by. My internet continues to be limited so, I'm posting every couple of days.
Sunday was a very special day. We had a small get-together in Central Park with some wonderful bloggy friends. We layed blankets out, had a picnic, chit-chatted and watched the kiddos run free.
Unfortunately, we hit one of the hottest days of the year, so we decided to pass on going to the zoo. Instead, we gathered our stuff and walked through the park where the little ones all went on the carousel. Next, we did what most would have thought to have been the impossible dream. We rounded up all SIXTEEN (!!) kids and took a group picture. I must say that I was quite impressed with all of them. It only took saying "look at the camera" about 6 times before they were all looking....even A.J.!

Finally, we all decided to let the kids cool off a bit by letting them go into the water area of the playground! What fun they had!

We were truly blessed by being joined by these special 4 ladies and their families, even the hubbies & boyfriends came along! I know many of you tried to make it, but I understand how sometimes life gets in the way. We'll definitely have other opportunities!

Becky, Teresa, Tracy and Sara....love you guys! Thank you so much for making my trip extra special by coming to hang with the Bombardiers for a few hours. We loved it!

Note: Becky, Amanda thanks Ted & Jack for the special tour of Strawberry Fields and the Dakota apts.
Tracy, thank you for letting me "borrow" some of your GREAT pics!

10 comments :

sara said...

what fun!!!! wow! This has been a very special trip!!!

The Ferrill's said...

What fun Ohilda! Looks like yall are making the most of the Big Apple! Happy Birthday Amanda!
The Ferrill's

Aus said...

I'm first comment - whoo hoo! Loved the pics and the post - so glad that everyone had a good time! Oh - and I love your shirts!!

What a great trip - very special for all you guys!

hugs - aus and co.

He & Me + 3 said...

How fun to meet so many blogging ladies. I loved it when I met up with my crew of bloggers in NC. Great pictures. Hope you are having a blast.

Patricia said...

Looks like you all had a BLAST!!! I am so sorry we missed it...sounds like you all are making the MOST out of your fab vacation!!

Any luck with tracking down "your man"? ;)

RamblingMother said...

What a fun time. Happy belated to your older baby girl!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Totally wish I could have been there! So glad you are having a great time, Ohilda and family.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a great time for all of you! God is so sweet to place these amazing people in your lives isn't He? I don't know what I would do without my blog friends.

Keisha said...

Oh.. How Fun!!!! Glad you guys are having a good time!!!
Wishing I was there.... ;)

Shelli said...

How cool to see your pictures and see some of my FACEBOOK FRIENDS in your pictures! I'm so jealous! I would love to meet ALL of you! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin