"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Birthday "Big" Baby Boy!

This is a typical "Adam" moment with his little sister, Amanda.


Today my sweet boy, Adam, turned 24 years old. It's hard to believe that the little guy who was a totally and complete Mama's boy hiding behind me when people approached is 24. Where has time gone?

Adam,

I am so very proud of the young man that you've become. You are such a hard worker, a man who loves his family, God and his siblings. You make me laugh often with your silly sense of humor, but what I love most about you is your heart.

I thank God everyday for allowing me the honor to raise you and I thank you for being such an amazing son. Happy Birthday, sweetheart!

With all my love (as much as the whole wide world and back again!)....

Mom


I'll post pictures of tonight's dinner on Sunday since we are leaving for the weekend to have our early Christmas get together with my Dad and family in Miami. I can't wait!

Everyone have a great weekend!


13 comments :

He & Me + 3 said...

Happy Birthday to Adam! I love how you write them letters. So sweet!

Amy said...

Sweet Ohilda, Happy Adam's Birthday! From one mom to another, I know he'll always be your "baby." He IS a treasure to be proud of and grateful for. Well done, Mom! Love, Amy

Waitingfaithfully said...

Happy Birthday Adam!!

Wow, Ohilda--what a good looking "Big" baby boy you have, and with a sweet heart too! You are a blessed mama!

Merry Miami Christmas!

Love,

Tina

P.S. My "big" baby boy will be home (in my nest) tomorrow, wooohoo!

Sherri said...

What a handsome guy! And he looks like he is a lot of fun, too!

sherri

sara said...

Happy Birthday Adam!! Isn't fun to watch our kids grow up to be such great adults?!!! You are very blessed!

Have a great weekend!

Aus said...

Happy Birthday Adam!! An Ohilda - thanks for your kind comments - we love you guys too! As for the sweatshirt - OK - FBI means lots of things - but please don't tell me that someone is thinking about working there when they could get a REAL job! (sure wish the big grin worked on the web!!)

hugs -

aus and co.

Mom 2 six said...

Happy Birthday Adam !
I love the look on Amanda's face. He must be a goof in a good way ....
Many blessings to you and all of yours.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Happy Birthday Adam! I know exactly what you mean about time flying by.....

Lorie said...

What a great picture! I hope your son had a great birthday! (and you too! I personally think that the Moms should be the one that get presents on birthdays! They are the one that did all the work! ;D)

Tracy said...

you've been tagged!

A Crystal Garden said...

Love the inflatable nativity! We have a lighted one that no longer gets put out. The baby was stolen TWICE and now every year more of it will disappear. Not sure if that is a national thing or not but tons of baby Jesus's get stolen every year around here. I started wrapping a brick in a blanket and using that but now we no longer put one out. Seems like now the nativity is gone they have stopped stealing all the other stuff too. Course if money were no object I would buy a new one EVERY year.

Kelly

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh, he looks like a fun big brother to have. Maybe a noogie here or there, too, though. lol

I hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful Christmas with your family, Ohilda!!

Love,
Michelle

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Happy Birthday Adam!
Hope you all had a great weekend celebrating!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin