"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12



“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”- William Butler Yeats





Thursday, January 17, 2008

HUH???

Anna Grace in her New Year's Eve party dress.


Yesterday's conversations with Anna Grace:

AG: Mama, Anna culla bu?

Me: Huh?

AG: (a bit more insistent this time) Anna culla bu?

Me: Sorry sweetie, Mama doesn't understand what you're saying. Say it slower, please.

AG: (much louder this time; showing frustration at my lack of knowledge of AG language) ANNA CULLA BU!!!!

Me: Ok, Anna Grace. I'm sorry, but I have no clue what you're trying to say.

She storms off in a huff. About 2 minutes later, she comes running up to me and gives me a look as if I'm a total idiot. She then tosses me her coloring book and yells, "MAMA! ANNA, CULLA (coloring) BU (book)!" UGH!!! She couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard. Heh!

I also wanted to share another cute moment that happened today with the princess. I have been trying to teach them "knock-knock" jokes at which they laugh hysterically at, obviously to humor me because today it was Anna's turn to tell Mama a "knock-knock" joke.

AG: Knock-knock

Me: Who's there?

AG: Knock-knock

Me: Who's there?

AG: Knock-knock

Me: Who's there? (this time I'm the one sounding a bit frustrated)

AG: "Knock-knock" and then she falls to the floor in a fit of laughter, leaving me totally confused.

Guess I didn't get the joke, or she really hasn't gotten the gist that the joke has to say more than "knock-knock", but I figured I'd humor her and cracked up laughing.

4 comments :

Becky said...

What a doll in every sense of the word. What a doll!
xoxoxoxo,
B

forever sisters... said...

My girls love knock-knock jokes, too. Most of the time they make no sense what-so-ever, but they laugh hysterically!

Soon you will be the only one who can understand what AG is saying, everyone else will be saying "huh?" Enjoy!

Carrie

The Princess's Mommy said...

How do you keep from just eating her up? She is adorable! I love the knock-knock joke!! Too funny!!
Love,
Monica

geminirn said...

What a beauty!!!Love the knock knock jokes little one come up with..hehe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin